Three years ago we started refactoring a monolith into a microservice platform. We want to share the lessons we’ve learned the hard way and provide some answers to problems we ran into:
– What kind of organization helps to reflect the vertical boundaries in software while your team grows?
– How do you define bounded contexts with many teams and features?
– Are there ways to guide your teams and enable autonomy on all levels in your organization?
– How does Eventing change the way you think about your entities?
– How can multiple microservices contribute to the same pages?
As you see we will share our interpretation of an architecture where developers stay in the driver’s seat and have a fair degree of independence.